iBadon offers a simple way to get confidential and inclusive
STI and HIV services in Mali.
How to use iBadon?
Key HIV facts
How to use iBadon?
iBadon helps you know your HIV status by assessing your current health needs and booking
appointments for HIV and sexual health services in Nairobi. Begin on the homepage and
play the short game to see if you should know your HIV status. When you finish the game,
you will receive a tailored recommendation for HIV services and the option to book an
appointment directly or chat online with a counselor. After booking, you continue to
step 2 and arrive at the clinic for your appointment and reach step 3 where you can
recieve any test results and next steps from a doctor or counselor at the clinic.
iBadon offers clients the following services:
- Play game to self-assess your sexual health needs and receive
tailored recommendation for HIV services.
- Book appointments for HIV and STI services at community health
centers and private clinics
- Access medical services including standard HIV testing, STI
screening and treatment from a medical professional, HIV treatment (ART), and PrEP -
a daily pill to prevent HIV.
- Online counseling with a trained counselor
Use iBadon to book medical services at private providers or community health centers.
Explore the options below:
- Private providers are paid service
providers offering sexual health and many other services. iBadon offers referrals to
private providers that are members of the Mali network. Clients like
private providers because they are inclusive to all populations and have high
assurance of confidentiality because clients from all background access these
services for all kinds of purposes. Typically, private providers have shorter wait
times and fewer people in the waiting room. Access 3rd generation HIV testing at
these private providers (along with a range of other services).
- Community health centers are also called
“drop-in centers” that offer free services and specialize in the sexual health needs
of certain populations at highest risk to HIV. These spaces are run by community
members and are a safe space where clients of the community can feel free to talk
about their sexual health needs and access other community resources. Access PrEP
exclusively at these community health centers (along with a range of other services
depending on location).
Use iBadon to help you find sexual health services tailored to your unique needs. By
playing this game, you provide some information that helps tailor your journey to your
needs. iBadon maintains the confidentiality and privacy of client information in the
- Responses to game questions: Playing the
game and responding to questions about your gender, HIV testing history, sexuality,
and HIV risk behaviors will help you receive more relevant recommendations. Your
responses to these questions are not shared with the clinics where you book
appointments and your responses will not be used by our staff to identify you
- Phone number: To book an appointment, iBadon
requires a valid cell phone number to ensure clients can receive free follow-up
services from a confidential virtual counselor. This service is always a component
of high-quality HIV services, so all clients can access their preferred HIV
prevention and treatment services.
- Test results: HIV test results are shared
directly from the clinic to the client and not shared with iBadon staff. Clients can
choose whether to share their test results with the iBadon counselors who can provide
them tailored follow-up services, counseling and referrals.
- Clinical partners: iBadon refers clients to
community health centers or private providers who follow NASCOP guidelines and are
regulated by the Ministry of Health.
Key HIV facts and tips
- Only 1 in 3 Malians know their HIV status. Can you say #Iam1in3?
- 53% of Malians who test positive arrived for a test thinking they were HIV negative.
What do you think of your status?
- The most common way to get HIV in Mali is through unprotected sex. Assess your risk
with our game on iBadon.
- Testing is simple! Use iBadon for simple, fast, and confidential HIV testing.
- Going for an HIV test can make you surer about your sexual health for increased
confidence in your sex life.
- Re-test whenever you are concerned or every 3 to 6 months
- PrEP is available in Mali! PrEP is a daily pill allowing you to become virtually
immune to HIV. You can book an appointment for PrEP on iBadon.
- Treatment is key! Today, people living with HIV and taking treatment life as long as
someone uninfected. Treatment is available for free in Mali. You can book an
appointment for HIV treatment on iBadon.
- Undetectable = Untransmittable. People living with HIV can take HIV treatment to
suppress the HIV virus to a point where they cannot transmit!
- Test positive today, start treatment tomorrow. Immediate initiation of HIV treatment
results in the best long-term health outcomes.
iBadon is made possible with generous support of US taxpayers through the United States
Agency for International Development (USAID) and the US President’s Emergency Plan for
AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). iBadon was developed in collaboration with community service
organizations in Mali. An HIV project called LINKAGES operates the iBadon platform. The
LINKAGES project aims at accelerating the ability of governments and organizations
working with people who are at-risk of HIV to plan and implement services that reduce
HIV transmission and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.